[turba] LDAP an german umlauts again - not possible?

Oliver Kuhl okuhl at netcologne.de
Wed May 12 22:37:19 PDT 2004

Chuck,

thanks for your reply.

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting Oliver Kuhl <okuhl at netcologne.de>:
>
>> So my question is, if I missed something or turba simply cannot handle
>> german umlauts?
> Seems like right now we don't have the code to support this. A patch
> would be great;
Maybe I am able to create a patch. But maybe you can give me a hint.

I have to configure somewhere (i.e. in sources.php), if the characterset
needs base64 encoding for the cn field. But I'm not sure how to do this
correctly. Maybe a simple flag? Or we _always_ encode those fields,
which is a dirty way. There may be a way to do it without configuration
by analysing each string.

But how can I easily find out, if a utf8-encoded string has invalid
characters for cn-fields? If I understood everything right, there will
be some none-ASCII characters in it which I maybe can find out.

Maybe we can discuss it a bit and then I'll take a look at the code. ;-)

Gruss,
    Ollie.