[turba] Problem opening address book inside the compose window

azeredo at qmc.ufsc.br azeredo at qmc.ufsc.br
Fri Oct 15 05:37:38 PDT 2004

  Hi,

   I have been using IMP webmail at the chemistry department here at the
Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina for more than 2 years and the users
really enjoy it. There are approximately 300 users but the host is a AMD 3.0
with 1.5Gb of RAM memory, a very fast machine. Nevertheless when I open the
compose window and then try to open the address book it takes too long to do
it, like 3 to 4  minutes. I am using mysql and the table turba_objects in the
horde database has 360 rows. How can I make this operation faster?  All users
are complaining about the time it takes to open the address book inside the
compose window. Should I change to postgresql?  Thanks in advance for the help.

                                  Luís.