[turba] Turba RC1 issue - trying again

Kent Martin horde at kentsworld.com
Sun Nov 21 02:00:57 PST 2004

Oops, that paste I did didn't work as expected :)

Here is that mail again as it should have looked:

It is probably a bit late to be bringing this up, but, the following is
an excerpt I just sent to the imp list.

Finally, an issue with turba import, so I will post the following over
there as well.

When importing CSV, turba decides what fields are available by looking
at the first record.  I believe a rethink on this is needed, for the
reasons illustrated below.

My CSV file is something like:

Bob, Jones, bjones at somewhere,,
John, Smith,jsmith at somewhere,John Smith's address,
Dave, Peters,dpeters at somewhere,,Dave's Phone number

If I import this file, I will not be able to import the extra detail on
John Smith or Dave Peters.  Looping round through all the lines in the
CSV, identifying all the unique fields, then presenting the first
record, as well as the first of each record that contains an extra field.

Hmmm.. managed to make that as clear as mud didn't I  - feel free to
contact me directly on kent@ the domain this email came from if you want
a better explanation.

Regards,

Kent