[turba] Turba RC1 issue

Kent Martin horde at kentsworld.com
Sun Nov 21 21:07:30 PST 2004

Okey doke,  I was hoping the explanation provided would be clear enough,
but, this is a complex issue to describe so, I thought that contacting
me directly for clarification of any points that aren't immediately
clear might be the way forward.  I will try again though.

Firstly, this isn't a bug or fault, it is probably best described as a
feature enhancement.

As it stands currently, when importing a comma delimited file, turba
takes its cues about that fields are available solely from the first
record.  If the subsequent records contain extra details that aren't in
the first, they are ignored.

The workaround is trivial - update your input file in one of the
following two ways:
a) Add a first line containing the field names
b) Populate the fields (that you require for other records) in the first
record with dummy information, then delete that dummy information after
the import.

I hope I have managed to make that a bit clearer.

Regards,

Kent,