[turba] Re: homeAddress attribute is not an LDAP attribute

pascal at linuxorable.net pascal at linuxorable.net
Wed Feb 9 04:37:34 PST 2005

Quoting Edward Rudd <eddie at omegaware.com>:

> The names in attributes.php don't have to have any relation to the LDAP
> values.  Look at sources.php to see how the attributes.php values are
> mapped to their LDAP counterparts. It's in there that you map homeAddress
> to the homepostaladdress LDAP attribute.

Hi,

There is something I realy don't understand:

If I do:
ldapsearch -h localhost -x -b "dc=linuxorable,dc=net" '(objectclass=*)'
I get:
# linuxorable.net
dn: dc=linuxorable,dc=net
objectClass: top
objectClass: dcObject
objectClass: organization
o: Tsunami
dc: linuxorable

# directory, linuxorable.net
dn: ou=directory,dc=linuxorable,dc=net
ou: carnet adresses
objectClass: top
objectClass: organizationalUnit

# BOYER Pascal, directory, linuxorable.net
dn: cn=BOYER Pascal,ou=directory,dc=linuxorable,dc=net
cn: BOYER Pascal
departmentNumber: Informatique
givenName: Pascal
homePhone: aaa aaa aaa
homePhone: bbb bbb bbb
l: Grand
mail: pascal at linuxorable.net
mobile: mmm mmm mmm
objectClass: top
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
postOfficeBox: 43000
postalAddress: 4 rue tournier
postalCode: 43200
registeredAddress: Grand
sn: BOYER
telephoneNumber: NNN NNN NNN
homePostalAddress: 17 rue de mortillet

and my sources.php is:

'objectclass' => array('top',
                                'person',
                                'organizationalUnit',
                                'inetOrgPerson'),
[...]
map' => array(
         '__key' => 'dn',
         '__uid' => 'uid',
         'name' => 'cn',
         'email' => 'mail',
         'homePhone' => 'homephone',
         'workPhone' => 'telephonenumber',
         'cellPhone' => 'mobiletelephonenumber',
         'homeAddress' => 'homepostaladdress',
         'homePostalCode' => 'postalcode'
     ),
     'search' => array(
         'name',
         'email',
         'homePhone',
         'workPhone',
         'cellPhone',
         'homeAddress',
         'homePostalCode'
     ),

and I can't understand that a search with "homeAddress" (homepostaladdress)
doesn't work (with "mortillet" or "tournier") while both "homePostalAddress"
and "postalAddress" attributes exist in Pascal BOYER

and more strange, if I do a search with "cellPhone" then Turba find the entry
and display the result without displaying the mobilenumberphone but displaying
my home address !!!!!

Am I crasy ?

Pascal -- FRANCE