[turba] Re: Re: homeAddress attribute is not an LDAP attribute

pascal at linuxorable.net pascal at linuxorable.net
Wed Feb 9 08:52:06 PST 2005

Quoting Edward Rudd <eddie at omegaware.com>:

> On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 13:37:34 +0100, pascal wrote:
>
>> Quoting Edward Rudd <eddie at omegaware.com>:
>>

> [snip]
>

>> and I can't understand that a search with "homeAddress" (homepostaladdress)
>> doesn't work (with "mortillet" or "tournier") while both "homePostalAddress"
>> and "postalAddress" attributes exist in Pascal BOYER
>
> My best guess is it's a LDAP acl permissions that are not correct. Or you
> have turba not configured to do a 'sub' search.
>
>> and more strange, if I do a search with "cellPhone" then Turba find the
>> entry and display the result without displaying the mobilenumberphone
>> but displaying my home address !!!!!
>>
>> Am I crasy ?
>
> What ldap server are you using? (Openldap, sun's, netscapes?) and what
> version ?

I am using OpenLDAP 2.1.30-3 on Debian/Sid

I found that there is somthing wrong but I don't why:
ldapsearch -h localhost -x -b "dc=linuxorable,dc=net" '(postalAddress=*)'
works fine but
ldapsearch -h localhost -x -b "dc=linuxorable,dc=net"
'(postalAddress=*<someting>*)'
doesn't work !
same thing with:
ldapsearch -h localhost -x -b "dc=linuxorable,dc=net" '(registeredAddress=*)'
which works, but
ldapsearch -h localhost -x -b "dc=linuxorable,dc=net"
'(registeredAddress=*<someting>*)'
doesn't work !

Do you have any idea about that ?

Thanks a lot for your help