[turba] LDAP scope

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Feb 20 15:37:28 PST 2005

Am getting serious now about setup.

I have 3 different LDAP Address Books set up.

One of them is the Users themselves which is the base for all
posix/samba attributes and I also put individual users personal address
books into an ou inside their attributes...

i.e.

uid=Administrator,ou=People,dc=azapple,dc=com

in horde/turba/config/sources.php, this is represented as...
$cfgSources['base_ldap'] = array(
    'title' => _("Employee Directory"),

Then this user would have his own personal address book...

ou=AddressBook,uid=Administrator,ou=People,dc=azapple,dc=com

in horde/turba/config/sources.php, this is represented as...
$cfgSources['personal_ldap'] = array(
    'title' => _("My LDAP Addressbook"),

so far so good. But a listing of the first one - the base_ldap also
shows entries that are in people's personal address books (not good).

so I wanted to restrict the 'scope' and not use sub but rather
one/onelevel but that isn't working...

i.e. - back to the base_ldap...

$basedn = 'dc=azapple,dc=com';
$cfgSources['base_ldap'] = array(
    'title' => _("Employee Directory"),
    'type' => 'ldap',
    'params' => array(
        'server' => 'localhost',
        'port' => 389,
        'tls' => false,
        'root' => 'ou=People,dc=azapple,dc=com',
        'bind_dn' => 'uid=' . $uid . ',ou=People,' . $basedn,
        'bind_password' => Auth::getCredential('password'),
        'sizelimit' => 200,
        'dn' => array('uid'),
        'objectclass' => array('top',
                               'person',
                               'organizationalPerson',
                               'inetOrgPerson',
                               'calEntry'),
        'charset' => 'iso-8859-1',
        'checkrequired' => false,
        'checkrequired_string' => ' ',
        'version' => 3,
        'scope' => 'one'
    ),

Any suggestions how how to limit this search? Is scope not the proper
keyword?

Thanks

Craig