[turba] Sort by first colum

Marcos Monge mmonge at gmail.com
Wed May 11 06:10:20 PDT 2005

Hi Everybody

I have a little problem on how turba sort the names. When the "name
format" option it's set to "lastname, Firstname", turba sort using the
second colunm in the name (lastname). I think this is the usual in USA
and other english countrys.

But in Spain, the usual is sort, or by the name, or by the "middle"
name... A little example:

How turba sort when "lastname, firstname" it's selected:
Rodriguez Anson, Carlos
Artola, Pedro
Gonzalez Aznar, Ana
Garcia Azuar, Fernando

How turba sort when "firstname, lastname" it's selected
Ana Gonzalez Aznar
Carlos Rodriguez Anson
Fernando Garcia Azuar
Pedro Artola

And this is the way that it's usual in spain (and maybe other latin countries):
Artola, Pedro
Garcia Azuar, Fernando
Gonzalez Aznar, Ana
Rodriguez Anson, Carlos

There is any easy way to change that sort by the middle name when
"firstname, lastname" it's selected?

Best Regards
Marcos