[turba] Fwd: Turba multiple users

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu May 12 13:55:34 PDT 2005

----- Forwarded message from postmaster at droittech.com -----
    Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 16:30:34 -0400
    From: Tom O'Donnell <postmaster at droittech.com>
Subject: Turba multiple users
      To: chuck at horde.org

I am testing horde/imp/turba and from what I experience, Turba address
book has one table.  Each person that uses the turba contacts, sees the
same contacts.  Some contactst may not be relevant to them.  I am using
the mysql database, virtual users.

One way to segregate might be to have a hidden field with the  username
associated with each address.  When a search for a particular address
is performed, the search would be for only those records that meet the
search critera and username.

It has been awhile - Microsoft VisualBasic SQL syntax

SELECT * FROM turbo_objects WHERE UCASE(email_object) LIKE '" &
criteria & "*' and username LIKE '" &user &"' ORDER BY
ucase(email_object)

critera would be the search user would be the logged in username

MYSQL syntax probably isn't much different.

I didn't see this issue in the FAQs.  My guess is that this issue has
come up before, or that I am doing something wrong : )

Thanks.  I appreciate all you efforts. Tom O'Donnell

----- End forwarded message -----

-chuck

Quincy Adams