[turba] What do you call ... contact lists

Mike Bydalek mbydalek at compunetconsulting.com
Tue May 24 11:43:24 PDT 2005

> Contact List
> Distribution List
> List
> Group

Of these, personally I like Contact List, but from a users point of view, I've
been hearing Distribution List.  The main reason I think that "normal users"
(compared to a "geek user" such as myself) think this way is because of
Outlook, which calls them Distribution Lists.

Mozilla on the other hand, in Thunderbird, calls them Mailing Lists, but there
as many positives as negatives on that one.  Just thought I'd mention it.

> Group has the potential to be confused with Horde Groups.

If anything, I'd 100% vote against Group as you are right in the
confusion. Group just seems too generic a word for this.

All in all, Distribution List or Contact List would be a good choice.

Just my 2c.

-Mike