[turba] Creating shared SQL addressbooks for users/groups

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Sun Jul 10 08:17:24 PDT 2005

  The code was written/tested against the cyrus-imspd server.  I
believe all the installations that I've done/supported are using the
1.6a5 build.  I've also had good luck using it along with stunnel to
provide encrypted connection with the server.   Thanks,
Mike

Quoting turba-request at lists.horde.org:

> Date: Fri,  8 Jul 2005 15:54:53 -0400
> From: Kevin Myer <kevin_myer at iu13.org>
> Subject: Re: [turba] Creating shared SQL addressbooks for
users/groups
> To: turba at lists.horde.org
>
> Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mike at theupstairsroom.com>:
>
>>   Probably not what your looking for Kevin, but the IMSP driver for
>> turba now supports ACLs...and would make sharing addressbooks
between
>> users pretty easy.  Of couse, you would need to be running an IMSP
>> server...
>
> I've been toying with that idea too and had messed around with IMSP
in
> the past.
> The problem was we host multiple domains and I hadn't found an easy

> way to run
> multiple instances of IMSP.  Heck, might as well make it as
complicated
> and use
> as many different sources as possible :D  Since you've written the
IMSP code,