[turba] Small issues with letting Turba work against OpenLDAP under Gentoo

Andreas q7003277 at mailstore.FernUni-Hagen.de
Thu Jul 21 18:28:05 PDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I followed the following guide to set up my Turba against OpenLDAP:

http://www.redant.ca/consulting/ldap/turba.php

So, I installed OpenLDAP 2.1.30-r5.
Moreover, I am using Turba 1.15.2.6 over Horde 2.55.2.21.

I applied the patch core.schema.patch from the Turba scripts/ldap directory.

Then I strictly followed the mentioned guide.

I used the following LDIF for adding the "parent" containers needed:

# Eintrag 1: dc=domain,dc=net
dn:dc=domain,dc=net
objectClass: dcObject
objectClass: organization
o: domain
dc: domain

# Eintrag 2: ou=accounts,dc=domain,dc=net
dn:ou=accounts,dc=domain,dc=net
ou: accounts
objectClass: organizationalUnit

# Eintrag 3: ou=personal_addressbook,dc=domain,dc=net
dn:ou=personal_addressbook,dc=domain,dc=net
ou: personal_addressbook
objectClass: organizationalUnit

I added a single user:

version: 1
dn: uid=andreas at domain,ou=accounts,dc=domain,dc=net
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
uid: andreas at domain
displayName: Andreas domain
cn: Andreas domain
givenName: Andreas
sn: domain
title: None
ou: None
o: None
postalAddress: xxxx
telephoneNumber: +49 xxxx
mobile: +49 xxxx
mail: andreas at domain.
homePostalAddress: xxxx
homePhone: +49 xxxx
userPassword: {MD5}xxx

So far that went pretty well.
My ldapsearch tells me that this went ok:

# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <> with scope sub
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: ALL
#

# domain
dn: dc=domain,dc=net
objectClass: dcObject
objectClass: organization
o: domain
dc: domain

# accounts, domain
dn: ou=accounts,dc=domain,dc=net
ou: accounts
objectClass: organizationalUnit

# personal_addressbook, domain
dn: ou=personal_addressbook,dc=domain,dc=net
ou: personal_addressbook
objectClass: organizationalUnit

# andreas at domain, accounts, domain
dn: uid=andreas at domain,ou=accounts,dc=domain,dc=net
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
uid: andreas at domain
displayName: Andreas domain
cn: Andreas domain
givenName:: QW5kcmVhcyAg
sn:: TmF1ZXJ6ICA=
title: None
ou: None
o:: Tm9uZSAg
postalAddress:: U2Nob2VuYWljaGVyIFN0ciAyMjAg
telephoneNumber:: KzQ5IDcwMzEgMTYgMTc3NyA=
mobile:: KzQ5IDE3OSA3NDYzOTM0IA==
mail: andreas at domain
homePostalAddress:: QmVsY2hlbnN0cmFzc2UgMiA=
homePhone:: KzQ5IDcwMzEgMjM4ODE3IA==
userPassword:: xxxx

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 5
# numEntries: 4

Now my two little problems:

1.
I was using Horde (and IMP, Turba etc.) with a MySQL backend before.
I always logged in via andreas at domain as login name (not just andreas) and
the password.
But what arrived in the source.php of Turba for the $uid variable is just
andreas (the @domainis missing).

For temporary testing purposes I addded a $uid = $uid . '@domain' which is
no solution as other domains are existing on my server, too.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
Where is the @domain part lost?

2.
The second problem is (even with the fix from 1.) I cannot browse the
address book or add entries.
I think this is because I was unable to import one of the containers
mentiond in the guide, too.

The guide says:

"Note: Before adding this entry, you should add its parent entry, which is
"ou=pni,
ou=personal_addressbook, dc=redant, dc=ca"."

So I tried to add that here via LDIF:

dn:ou=andreas at domain,ou=personal_addressbook,dc=domain,dc=net
ou=andreas at domain
objectClass: organizationalUnit

But that failed:

ldapadd: invalid format (line 2) entry:
"ou=andreas at domain,ou=personal_addressbook,dc=domain,dc=net"

Any idea?

By the way, it is not the @ sign, I tried it without, too.

Thank you all sooooooooo much for any help - I am experimenting since 2 days
now without success :-(

Good night...