[turba] How do Turba LDAP filters work?

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Sun Jul 24 12:15:56 PDT 2005

> I decided that we can emulate it well enough with groups - you can put
> the people you want into a group, then search for more and add them.
>
> So it's gone in HEAD. Code is simpler, no more caching, and advanced
> search should be _dramatically_ faster and kinder to your server.
>
> -chuck

I've found it to be a source of some confusion to users.  Ironically, the only
place that it has proved useful is in building contact lists, where you can
find everyone you want to add to a contact list incrementally, then add them
all on one fell swoop.  Personally, I'd like to see the incremental search
facility re-appear in a limited fashion in a sort of minisearch window, that
can be used to build lists, ala the way the addressbook works in the IMP
compose screen, to build receipient of a message.

Kevin