[turba] Problem with Turba and LDAP addressbook

adam@morrison-ind.com adam at morrison-ind.com
Fri Nov 4 10:23:57 PST 2005

> As many may have noticed, I'm not that proficient with the LDAP yet, but
> I've made the additional discovery which may be significant. When
> searching the LDAP-tree manually, I found that the
> 'ou=poltsi,ou=personal_addressbook,dc=our,dc=domain' can not be found
> with the command 'ldapsearch -LLL -x -u -t "(ou=poltsi)"'. However the
> command 'ldapsearch -LLL -x -u -t "(ou=personal_addressbook)"' does
> return the appropriate data. Looking through the ldif-dump of the full
> tree the relevant definitions do exist as so:
> dn: ou=personal_addressbook,dc=our,dc=domain
> ou: personal_addressbook
> dn: ou=poltsi,ou=personal_addressbook,dc=our,dc=domain
> ou: poltsi
> Is this correct?

Seems wierd to me.  Did you futz with your indexes after creating the
database? Also do you have some wierd settings in your ldap.conf,
because the second
search should have found one object,  not returned two.  (You also don't need
the "-t" option, that is for dumping nonprintable values to temp files).