[turba] Problem with Turba and LDAP addressbook

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Fri Nov 4 15:31:32 PST 2005

Quoting Paul-Erik Törrönen <paul-erik.torronen at cardinal.fi>:

> On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 14:21 +0200, Paul-Erik Törrönen wrote:
>> access to dn.regex="^ou=(.+),ou=personal_addressbook,dc=our,dc=domain
>> $$"
>>         by dn.regex="^uid=$1,ou=Users,dc=our,dc=domain$$" write
>>         by * none
>
> Ok, as Murray Trainer and Adam T Williams pointed out, the regex is at
> fault here, the dn does not begin with the 'uid' so I removed the ^ as
> well as the trailing $$. However I now get the following error message:
>
> There was an error adding the new contact. Contact your system
> administrator for further help.Failed to add an object: [32] "No such
> object" DN:
> cn=Jarkko,uid=20051103152713.5ost2ejj20w0 at groupware.our.domain,ou=poltsi,ou=personal_addressbook,dc=our,dc=domain
> (attributes:

You can't add a cn=Jarko object unless you already have a
uid=20051103152713.5ost2ejj20w0 at groupware.our.domain object below it,
unless you intend for that to be a composite RDN.

Is your RDN supposed to be of the form
"cn=something,uid=somethingelse", or is it to be of the form
"cn=something"?

I think you have an extra object in your RDN.

Kevin
--
Kevin M. Myer
Senior Systems Administrator