[turba] Problem with Turba and LDAP addressbook

Paul-Erik Törrönen paul-erik.torronen at cardinal.fi
Thu Nov 10 03:06:01 PST 2005

Hmmm... seems that I failed to press the send-button yesterday when I
answered to this, anyway here is one version...

On Fri, 2005-11-04 at 18:31 -0500, Kevin M. Myer wrote:
> You can't add a cn=Jarko object unless you already have a
> uid=20051103152713.5ost2ejj20w0 at groupware.our.domain object below it,
> unless you intend for that to be a composite RDN.

Indeed. I would assume that Turba should create the necessary
substructures since the values are clearly dynamically created. It would
be quite awkward to require that these structures were created
separately by directly manipulating the LDAP-tree.

> Is your RDN supposed to be of the form
> "cn=something,uid=somethingelse", or is it to be of the form
> "cn=something"?

Good question, this is the default which Turba has. Apparently there is
a huge gap between the documentation and the code. Or is it that nobody
uses the personal LDAP addressbook?

With regards,

Poltsi

--