[turba] Problem with Turba and LDAP addressbook

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Thu Nov 10 06:07:32 PST 2005

Quoting Paul-Erik Törrönen <paul-erik.torronen at cardinal.fi>:

> Hmmm... seems that I failed to press the send-button yesterday when I
> answered to this, anyway here is one version...
>
> On Fri, 2005-11-04 at 18:31 -0500, Kevin M. Myer wrote:
>> You can't add a cn=Jarko object unless you already have a
>> uid=20051103152713.5ost2ejj20w0 at groupware.our.domain object below it,
>> unless you intend for that to be a composite RDN.
>
> Indeed. I would assume that Turba should create the necessary
> substructures since the values are clearly dynamically created. It would
> be quite awkward to require that these structures were created
> separately by directly manipulating the LDAP-tree.
>
>> Is your RDN supposed to be of the form
>> "cn=something,uid=somethingelse", or is it to be of the form
>> "cn=something"?
>
> Good question, this is the default which Turba has. Apparently there is
> a huge gap between the documentation and the code. Or is it that nobody
> uses the personal LDAP addressbook?

Just about every directory environment topology I've seen is unique.
You need to adapt the Turba config to whatever your topology is, not
expect Turba to automatically work with your topology.

I haven't used the LDAP personal address book, but I went back and
looked at the config and the documentation and it seems
straightforward.  I read back through this thread and you said that you
created the additional user ou entries by hand and the entry you posted
looked correct.

But, where I see the problem is that when your entry is being added, it
is not using your userid as part of the DN, but instead a Turba Unique
ID.  For instance, your personal LDAP address book DN would be:

ou=poltsi,ou=personal_addressbook,dc=our,dc=domain

But, from your debug output, it looks like Turba is trying to add an entry to:

uid=20051103152713.5ost2ejj20w0 at groupware.our.domain,ou=personal_addressbook,dc=our,dc=domain

So the problem seems you're getting a Unique ID, not a userid, for that
component.

You do have the following entry at the top of the personal ldap config
in sources.php, right?

$uid = Auth::getBareAuth();

Kevin
--