[turba] Problem with Turba and LDAP addressbook

Paul-Erik Törrönen paul-erik.torronen at cardinal.fi
Thu Nov 10 06:32:27 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-10 at 09:07 -0500, Kevin M. Myer wrote:
> You do have the following entry at the top of the personal ldap
> config
> in sources.php, right?
> $uid = Auth::getBareAuth();

Yes, the sources.php contains this:

// First we need to get the
uid.
$uid = Auth::getBareAuth();
$basedn = 'dc=our,dc=domain';
$cfgSources['personal_ldap'] = array(
    'title' => _("Personal LDAP Addressbook"),
    'type' => 'ldap',
    'params' => array(
        'server' => 'ldap.our.domain',
        'tls' => false,
        'root' => 'ou=' . $uid . ',ou=personal_addressbook,' . $basedn,
        'bind_dn' => 'uid=' . $uid . ',ou=Users,' . $basedn,
        'bind_password' => Auth::getCredential('password'),
        'dn' => array('cn', 'uid'),
        'objectclass' => array('top',
                               'person',
                               'inetOrgPerson',
                               'calEntry',
                               'organizationalPerson'),
        'scope' => 'one',
        'charset' => 'utf-8',
        'version' => 3
    ),

Hmmm... I think I found it. The default has the dn-array including the
cn which I removed and lo, it 'works'. Except that now I get a
'insufficient access-error' when trying to edit the item. I can still
add new records. It probably is once again the ACL-definition in the
slapd.conf which now matches only the
ou=<user>,ou=private_address,dc=our,dc=domain container. But it'll have
to wait until morning.

With regards,

Paul-Erik

--