[turba] Problem with Turba and LDAP addressbook

Robert Carnecky horde at dbservice.com
Thu Nov 10 06:44:07 PST 2005

Quoting Paul-Erik Törrönen <paul-erik.torronen at cardinal.fi>:

> Hmmm... seems that I failed to press the send-button yesterday when I
> answered to this, anyway here is one version...
>
> On Fri, 2005-11-04 at 18:31 -0500, Kevin M. Myer wrote:
>> You can't add a cn=Jarko object unless you already have a
>> uid=20051103152713.5ost2ejj20w0 at groupware.our.domain object below it,
>> unless you intend for that to be a composite RDN.
>
> Indeed. I would assume that Turba should create the necessary
> substructures since the values are clearly dynamically created. It would
> be quite awkward to require that these structures were created
> separately by directly manipulating the LDAP-tree.
>
>> Is your RDN supposed to be of the form
>> "cn=something,uid=somethingelse", or is it to be of the form
>> "cn=something"?
>
> Good question, this is the default which Turba has. Apparently there is
> a huge gap between the documentation and the code. Or is it that nobody
> uses the personal LDAP addressbook?

I am using multiple LDAP addressbooks - personal, shared and clients.
Configuration was a bit challenge for me, but now everything works OK.
I still have problems with client database, which is used by hermes
module (time tracking). Clients are based on organization object, not
on inetOrgPerson and common name column in the search list looks
terrible, especially if you change the order of lastname,firstname.

Regards
Robert