[turba] Missing fields when using Active Directory as a source

Ken Weaverling weave at dtcc.edu
Sun Jan 1 13:23:11 PST 2006

I want to be able to pull directory information out of our Active
Directory server for use in Turba. Thanks to the archives and some very
helpful posts from Stoilis Giannis that helped with the authentication,
I got most of it working. However, a few of the fields do not map over
for some reason.

Specifically, in below example, title, department, and office
(physicaldeliveryofficename) do not display.

If I try to query AD using a tool like ldapsearch, those values are
returned. Some posts in the past have indicated those fields might not
be part of the given objectclass, but I've tried many and not been able
to get it to work no matter what. (past post reference:
http://lists.horde.org/archives/turba/Week-of-Mon-20030331/002643.html)

I realize this is probably an AD issue more than a Turba issue, but am
hoping someone here has tackled this before and got an explanation what
I am doing wrong.

Below is from my sources.php. I had no need to edit the attributes
file. Commented out entries are things I've tried to do and didn't help.

# Below code to get id/pass lifted from post to turba list by Stoilis
# Giannis on 3/19/03
$string=Auth::getAuth();
$separat="@";
$string=substr($string,0,strlen($string)-strlen(strstr($string,$separat)));
$uid='EXAMPLE\\'.$string;

$cfgSources['adstaff'] = array(
    'title' => 'Employees',
    'type' => 'ldap',
    'params' => array(
        'server' => 'dc-01.example.com',
        'encoding' => 'utf8',
        'port' => 3268,
        'root' => 'ou=Employees,ou=Domain Users,dc=example,dc=com',
        'bind_dn' => $uid,
        'bind_password' => Auth::getCredential('password'),
        # 'dn' => array('cn'),
        # 'objectclass' => 'organizationalPerson',
        # 'objectclass' => 'user',
        'objectclass' => array('top','person','user',
                               'inetOrgPerson','organizationalperson'),
        # 'objectclass' => '*',
        # 'filter' => '&(mail=*example.com)',
        'filter' => '',
        'version' => 3
    ),
    'map' => array(
            '__key' => 'dn',
            'name' => 'cn',
            'email' => 'mail',
            'firstname' => 'givenname',
            'lastname' => 'sn',
            'title' => 'title',
            'alias' => 'displayname',
            'department' => 'department',            'office' =>
'physicalDeliveryOfficeName',
            'workPhone' => 'telephonenumber',
            'company' => 'company'
            ),