[turba] question/problem about multi-valued ldap mail attribute

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Jan 10 09:25:19 PST 2006

Quoting COMBES Julien - CETE Lyon/DI/ET/PAMELA <julien.combes at i-carre.net>:

> Is there a solution to configure turba for that type of case or do I
> have to add an other ldap mail attribute single-valued in my ldap
> directory which will contain the principal address ?

You should be able to set a hook on the email field that filters the
retrieved value so that it only contains the first (or principal, if
you have logic for that) address. See _turba_hook_decode_password in
horde/config/hooks.php.dist for an example of what these hooks look
like. You won't need to configure anything else; the hook is called
automatically if it's defined for a given attribute name.

-chuck

--
"So we're talking near-sonic speeds for a vegetable."
Reasons to go to the Punkin Chunkin World Championships