[turba] shared mysql contacts question

Derek Dresser ddresser at rnome.com
Thu Feb 2 06:18:14 PST 2006

Hello,

I am running the current CVS versions of Horde/IMP/Turba,etc.

I recently set up a shared sql contacts list by doing the following

1. created shared_turba_objects table
2. created config sources.php entry (see below)
3. added permissions objects for turba,sources,Shared MySQL Addressbook and
assigned appropriate permissions

My intention was to set up a contacts list that is both readable and writable by
all our Horde users.  After doing this, I found that users could only access
entries where the 'owner_id' field contained their username (essentially
contacts they created).

I tried the following:
1. setting the owner_id field on all entries in the shared_turba_objects to ''
2. setting the following options (even though, as I understand it, these options
are deprecated)
   'public' => true,
   'readonly' => false,
   'browse' => true,
3. setting VERY open permissions on all the turba permissions objects
4. banging my head against the wall ;-)

None of these things allowed users to view any entries except those where the
owner_id was their username.

finally, I got this to work for everyone by commenting out the following line in
the sources.php entry

        //'__owner' => 'owner_id',

Does that make any sense?  I saw other people's documentation on shared SQL
address books that still contained that line.  Is this going to cause me
problems?  I feel like this should not be necessary, but I couldn't figure out
what I did wrong.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Derek

####### complete sources.php entry #########
$cfgSources['sharedsql'] = array(
    'title' => _("Shared MySQL Addressbook"),
    'type' => 'sql',
    // The default connection details are pulled from the Horde-wide SQL
    // connection configuration.
    //
    // The old example illustrates how to use an alternate database
    // configuration.
    //
    // New Example:
    'params' => array_merge($conf['sql'], array('table' =>
'shared_turba_objects')),

    // Old Example:
    // 'params' => array(
    //     'phptype' => 'mysql',
    //     'hostspec' => 'localhost',
    //     'username' => 'horde',
    //     'password' => '*****',
    //     'database' => 'horde',
    //     'table' => 'turba_objects',
    //     'charset' => 'iso-8859-1'
    // ),
    'map' => array(
        '__key' => 'object_id',
        //'__owner' => 'owner_id',
        '__type' => 'object_type',
        '__members' => 'object_members',
        '__uid' => 'object_uid',
        'name' => 'object_name',
        'email' => 'object_email',
        'alias' => 'object_alias',
        'homeAddress' => 'object_homeaddress',
        'workAddress' => 'object_workaddress',
        'homePhone' => 'object_homephone',
        'workPhone' => 'object_workphone',
        'cellPhone' => 'object_cellphone',
        'fax' => 'object_fax',
        'title' => 'object_title',
        'company' => 'object_company',
        'notes' => 'object_notes',
        'pgpPublicKey' => 'object_pgppublickey',
        'smimePublicKey' => 'object_smimepublickey',
        'freebusyUrl' => 'object_freebusyurl'
    ),
    'search' => array(
        'name',