[turba] shared mysql contacts question

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Thu Feb 2 06:42:23 PST 2006

Quoting Derek Dresser <ddresser at rnome.com>:

> Hello,
>
> I am running the current CVS versions of Horde/IMP/Turba,etc.
>
> I recently set up a shared sql contacts list by doing the following
>
> 1. created shared_turba_objects table
> 2. created config sources.php entry (see below)
> 3. added permissions objects for turba,sources,Shared MySQL Addressbook and
> assigned appropriate permissions

The shared address books in Turba work just like shares in other horde
applications, such as Kronolith.  Shares are created using the 'My
Address Books' link in the Turba menu.  To create a new read/write
address book for all your Horde users, you should create the new
address book under your account, or an admin account, and then edit
the permissions on that address book.  This is done on the same
addressbooks.php page....and the only setting you need to change in
sources.php in relation to the shared stuff is 'use_shares' => true

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)