[turba] shared mysql contacts question

Derek Dresser ddresser at rnome.com
Thu Feb 2 13:01:16 PST 2006

> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 09:42:23 -0500
> From: Michael Rubinsky <mike at theupstairsroom.com>
> Subject: Re: [turba] shared mysql contacts question
> To: turba at lists.horde.org
>
> Quoting Derek Dresser <ddresser at rnome.com>:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am running the current CVS versions of Horde/IMP/Turba,etc.
>>
>> I recently set up a shared sql contacts list by doing the following
>>
>> 1. created shared_turba_objects table
>> 2. created config sources.php entry (see below)
>> 3. added permissions objects for turba,sources,Shared MySQL Addressbook and
>> assigned appropriate permissions
>
> The shared address books in Turba work just like shares in other horde
> applications, such as Kronolith.  Shares are created using the 'My
> Address Books' link in the Turba menu.  To create a new read/write
> address book for all your Horde users, you should create the new
> address book under your account, or an admin account, and then edit
> the permissions on that address book.  This is done on the same
> addressbooks.php page....and the only setting you need to change in
> sources.php in relation to the shared stuff is 'use_shares' => true

Thank you,
That is almost TOO easy.  I definitely didn't understand the new shares and
permissions before this.

Can Turba use shared address books?

While there is no native shared address book functionality in Turba,
Turba does
support external ldap address books, which can be shared.

I'll update it in the next day or so.

-Derek