[turba] Creating a use_shares database from scratch

Tony Lay tonylay at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 08:03:14 PST 2006

Good Morning Folks,

I've had some difficulty upgrading my database to the "use_shares" from public.

When I ran the public_to_horde_share.php the script just hangs.  I
don't really mind...I have the database backed up.  My question is if
I were to create a new database from scratch, what tables; etc should
I add for the use_shares functionality to work?  It seems out of the
box that the localsql sources are working per user.  Then I could just
make the database from scratch and import the data.

I'm not much of a coder, or else I'd start writing some error
reporting in to the script to see where it's dying.  After I hit (1)
for the go ahead I gave it a good 4 hours and the process still wasn't
doing a thing.

My current specs - JIC

Regards,

-Tony Lay

I am currently on
horde     (3.2-cvs)
turba  H3 (2.2-cvs)
imp    H3 (4.2-cvs)

OS
FreeBSD phoenix 5.4-STABLE FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE #1: Wed Oct 12 21:02:40 EDT 2005

DB
mysql  Ver 14.7 Distrib 4.1.15, for portbld-freebsd5.4 (i386) using  4.3

I'm using imp for authentication

My current address book sources.php stanza

$cfgSources['localsql'] = array(
    'title' => _("MyCompany"),
    'type' => 'sql',
    'params' => array(
         'phptype' => 'mysql',
         'hostspec' => 'localhost',
         'username' => 'horde',
         'password' => '*****',
         'database' => 'some_database',
         'table' => 'turba_objects',
         'charset' => 'iso-8859-1'
//         'charset' => 'latin1'
     ),
    'map' => array(
        '__uid' => 'object_uid',
        '__key' => 'object_id',
        '__owner' => 'owner_id',
        '__type' => 'object_type',
        '__members' => 'object_members',
        '__uid' => 'object_uid',
        'name' => 'object_name',
        'alias' => 'object_alias',
        'email' => 'object_email',
        'homeAddress' => 'object_homeaddress',
        'workAddress' => 'object_workaddress',
        'homePhone' => 'object_homephone',
        'workPhone' => 'object_workphone',
        'cellPhone' => 'object_cellphone',
        'fax' => 'object_fax',
        'title' => 'object_title',
        'company' => 'object_company',
        'notes' => 'object_notes',
        'pgpPublicKey' => 'object_pgppublickey',
        'smimePublicKey' => 'object_smimepublickey',
        'freebusyUrl' => 'object_freebusyurl'
    ),
    'search' => array(
        'name',
        'email',
        'company'
    ),
    'strict' => array(
        'object_id',
        'owner_id',
        'object_type',
    ),
    'public' => true,
    'use_share' => true,
    'readonly' => false,
    'admin' => array('me at MyCompany.com'),
    'export' => true,
    'browse' => true
);