[turba] public_to_horde_share.php

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Mon Feb 6 20:16:45 PST 2006

Quoting Rüdiger Stark <mail at stark-online.info>:
> If i run the script from CLI within Horde, i get an php timeout, if i
> run it from command line via ssh i get as far as the first question.

You should not be running this from the web. Run it from the command line.

> Is Horde_Shares a new table in the db?

No.

> Or where are 'Horde_shares' set.

'Horde_Shares' are the mechanism that allows the sharing of resources
(address books, calendars, bookmarks, photo galleries etc...) across
horde users.  Shares are created (if the application supports them)
transparently to the end user when they create a new resource (address
book in this case) via the horde interface.

I already have a nice localsql_2 addressbook incuding the
> table_2_objects. The Datatree also includes horde.shares.kronolith,
> ...nag, ...turba. So taking the risk that my question is really
> stupid... but what exactly does the script create?

As the comments in the script explain, this script takes an address
book that was originally set up as a global address book in Turba
versions earlier than 2.1 and converts that address book to work in
Turba 2.1.

The 'old way' of doing shared address books meant that you had one
address book that every one could see and/or write to.  Using
Horde_Share allows finer control over permissions to determine who can
and can't read/write to an address book.  In addition, with the
Horde_Share support in Turba, users can now create new address books
and choose who to share it with.  If you are looking for information
on developing with Horde_Share, look at the framework/Share package.
a new addressbook.

> Please give me a little more detailed informations.

To make an already long story short.  If you have not been using your
SQL source as a global address book prior to Turba 2.1, then don't
worry about the script, it won't do anything for you anyway.

You can also read turba/config/sources.php.

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)