[turba] bad DN "ou=(.+) after enforcing LDAP ACL's in slapd.conf - fixed :-)

Murray Trainer mtrainer at central-data.net
Fri Feb 17 01:54:38 PST 2006

Hi Guys,

I spent ages on getting the ACL working right myself a while ago. I had
something similar to you but a very recent version of Openldap gave
warning errors about my ACL as the syntax wasn't fully correct.  Looking
at it again recently I think I understand it all a bit more clearly
now.  I came up with the result below which I think is what you are
after:

# Enforce ACL's to personal addressbooks
#
access to dn.regex="ou=(.+),ou=personal_addressbook,dc=mydomain,dc=net"
        by dn.exact,expand="uid=$1,ou=users,dc=mydomain,dc=net" write
        by users none

The site below is pretty helpful on ACL's and other LDAP stuff with
plenty of examples:

http://www.zytrax.com/books/ldap/ch6/index.html#access-examples

Definitely worth bookmarking.

Regards