[turba] "Create Address Book" Error

S. Petty spetty01 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 16:42:11 PST 2006

Michael Rubinsky wrote:

> --On Friday, March 10, 2006 3:49 PM -0700 Craig White
> <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:
>> No - each different address book must have it's own array - just as the
>> localsql is one address book, you can create another sql addressbook as
>> long as it has a different name - but using the same table is OK I think
>> - I only use multiple LDAP address books so I am not entirely certain of
>> the last issue.
>>
>> Craig
>

> Just to make this clearer - using shares in Turba with a SQL source:
>
> Create *one* cfgSources entry for the SQL source - the 'localsql' example
> should suffice.
>
> Set the 'use_shares' value within that cfgSources entry  to true.
>
> In the Turba configuration, in the 'Name of source for creating new shares'
> entry, type in the name of the cfgSources entry for the SQL source. (In
> this example, 'localsql')
>
> This will create one 'My Address Book' entry for each user and allow the
> user to share this address book with other users as well as allow the user
> to create  new address books.
>
> You don't need a separate SQL source set up in cfgSources for this, only if
> you wish to create a *totally* separate source, with a separate SQL table
> (perhaps to have a source with different fields).

Mike -

Thanks for that.  That's actually what I did today, and the problem
persists.  Just to re-iterate, I put 'localsql' in the "Name of source
for creating new shares" field, I also verified that this line is in
sources.php:

  'use_shares' => true,

However users still cannot create new address books, and get kicked out
to a login prompt after clicking "Create"  I've tried with admin users,
and regular users, the problem persists.

I'm running 3.0.9 w/ Turba 2.1, freshly installed this morning.  Adding
entries to existing address books is fine, searching is fine, just
creating new address books doesn't work.

Any ideas?