[turba] "Create Address Book" Error

S. Petty spetty01 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 21:03:32 PST 2006

Mike,

Thanks for hanging in there with me.  I'm still coming up short, so I'll
update you on what I have so far.

I checked horde.shares.turba and there are indeed records in there for
the few test users that I've logged in as, so that seems to be OK.  They
are in the 'localsql' folder.

I'm not entirely clear on the permissions, and how they are all set up,
but what I have is Show/Read/Edit/Delete permissions for All
Authenticated Users set for turba/sources/localsql (at each level).
Horde and imp are set with the same, but no child permissions.

I was having this problem after upgrading and using the turba table with
the database from 2.0.5.  One of my troubleshooting steps was to drop
the turba table, and re-create it.  The problem continued.  Is your
suggestion to delete the *entire* Horde database and start over?

As far as breakpoints, I really have no experience with them and php.
I'd appreciate any tips or pointers.

Finally, for what its worth, I turned on the logging at DEBUG level,
then pressed Create to see what it logged.  Only 4 lines, I attached
them.  The most interesting one is the one I have been referencing all
along,

HORDE [debug] [] User  does not have READ permission for turba [on line
617 of "/home/server/public_html/mail/lib/Horde/Registry.php"]

It would seem that you're right on about it being something to do with
permissions, but I don't know what else I need to set.  Shares in the
other apps work fine - I can create a shared calendar, a shared notepad,
  and a tasklist.  But not an address book!

Thanks again for your help.

Sean