[turba] LDAP address book

eculp@encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Wed Apr 19 16:39:20 PDT 2006

Quoting krichtof <krichtof.newsgroup at free.fr>:

> Hi,
>
> Apparently, Turba allows to work with addressbook stored in a LDAP server.
> But is it possible (or will it be available in a next release) that Turba
> works with the users stored in the LDAP server. I mean, at the moment, Turba
> allows a specific user to manage his own addressbook stored in an LDAP
> server.
> But what I dream, is to allow Turba users to browse or update an LDAP Server
> where each contact corresponds to an entry in the LDAP server.

I use ldap for horde auth and for multiple addressbooks both shared and
personal for virtual users.  Based on my dn's the users are grouped by
domains (companies) for corporate privacy.  My question rather than
answer is what are you not able to do with your contacts in turba/ldap?
  You can update, erase, etc. depending on the configuration of your
ldap acl's and turba config.

Sorry for a question rather than an answer.

ed