[turba] (no subject)

tom@hischopsticks.org tom at hischopsticks.org
Wed Apr 19 18:30:34 PDT 2006

I am a rookie to all of this webmaster stuff, so please excuse me if I say
something really dumb.

I am using Horde now and find that the e-mail portion of that is quite
acceptable.  The addressbook, however, is not even passable.  When I open the
addressbook while composing an e-mail the only thing I see is people's last
names.  I have many friends who have the same last name so this is a big
problem.

I would like to find a very robust addressbook - similar to Yahoo's - that will
allow me to import and export the addressbook to Outlook (or to a generic
format that outlook will read) and will give me a lot of fields to use to store
data, i.e. bday, anniversary, spouse's name, 2nd and 3rd e-mail addresses, etc.
I guess what you could say is that I am looking for a program like Outlook that
will work on a Linux server.  Is this possible?