[turba] (no subject)

Charles Montour charles at montour.net
Wed Apr 19 18:42:05 PDT 2006

Tom:

If I were a developer for this project (which I'm not) you would surely have
rubbed me the wrong way with the posturing of your question.  Understand that
Turba is a robust contact manager and groupware component and as a result, Turba
can be configured in many powerful ways.  This flexibility comes at a price, and
that price is a certain level of complexity that you wouldn't find in "desktop"
based approaches.

Import and export cabability is built in, but before you tackle that, you should
   get an idea of what your backend is going to look like.  You may want to
investigate setting up Turba to use a simple MySQL backend database.  Its a
commonly used configuration that gives flexibility in the mapping of custom
database fields to Turba "on screen" fields that the user would see.

Take a closer look at the config/sources.php[.dist] file to get a glimpse of
your backend options.  It all starts there and the Horde wiki.

-Charles