[turba] client addressbook conf has no effect

Nathan Mills nathan at nwacg.net
Thu Apr 27 01:50:04 PDT 2006

I'm trying to set up a shared address book as the list of clients for
use in hermes and whups.  I've tried both creating a new source (and
table to go with it) and configuring that source in
$conf['client']['addressbook'] described in the wiki as well as
creating a shared localsql address book and using the localsql:<uid>
format mentioned in an earlier message to the list and bug 3271.

No matter what I set the conf variable to read, it always pulls
contacts from the default localsql source ("My Address Book") and no
other.

I made sure I was using the correct uid by setting the default_dir
pref to localsql:<uid>, which caused the shared addressbook to be
selected by default, but still no go.

I also tried hardcoding the source in getClients() when I was trying
to use a completely different source, and that still didn't change its
behavior.

Any ideas?  If not, I suppose I'll be staring at the CVS commit logs
tomorrow to try and figure out what's changed since February.

Thanks,
-Nathan