[turba] Unable to edit Shared AddressBook

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Thu Apr 27 12:30:32 PDT 2006

Quoting Michael <mseltser at soroki.com>:

> I'm a bit confused here.  Why would I be setting permissions under my own
> profile as you've described?  I can only set permission to my personal
> addressbook here and not shared.
>
> As admin, I utilize Administration->Permissions->Address Book (turba)
> and apply proper permissions to Shared Address Directory (localsql1)
> which is for some reason does not give anyone ability to edit records even
> thought, the permissions are set for the source to allow it.

Permissions for turba shares are set by the owner of the particular
share, just like they are handled in Kronolith, Nag, Mneno, Genie,
Ansel etc...

The user that you entered when the upgrade script asked who the owner
of the share should be is the user that can modify permissions.  I
would delete the permissions you have set for this source using the
admin interface and then use Turba's share interface to modify
permissions.

> P.S.  Would you suggest to try restoring sql database table for the "Shared
> AddressBook" prior to running the migration script
> (patch_public_to_horde_share)?

That shouldn't be necessary.