[turba] LDAP address book problem

Joaquin López joaquin.lopez.sanchez at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 00:44:08 PDT 2006

Hi, I'm trying to set up an LDAP address book. In fact I use LDAP for
 authentication and it works fine.

 I've followed the steps of the wiki document "Using Horde with an
 existing LDAP directory", but it doesn't work.

 When I try to do a basic search, for example with the name, it shows the
 message "bad search filter".

 I've changed the default filter
 ('filter' => '(&(uid=*)(objectClass=posixAccount))'),
 but I don't know what to put exactly in it.

 Also I don't know any way of doing a troublesoothing because the
 horde.log file doesn't show nothing at this level. In fact I have a
 similar problem with the password module when I try to change a password
 in the LDAP tree.

 Please, anybody can help?

 Thank you,
 Joaquin