[turba] personal and private address book

Ariel VIVES ariel.vives at enpc.fr
Thu May 18 01:29:17 PDT 2006

Murray Trainer wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 09:26 +0200, Ariel VIVES wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> first, here is my configuration :
>>
>> horde3
>> imp4
>> turba2
>>
>> everything is installed on one server.
>> My users authentications are one differents imap servers.
>> I've configured an ldap address book for everyone, it's ok.
>> I want now to add a personal address book for each user.
>> My problem is that when i put localsql on the turba's config file,
>> the address book of one user is readable by everyone...
>>
>> How can I protect each address book ?
>>
>> thanks...
>>
>> --
>> Ariel
>
> Not sure why you are using localsql - you can have a ldap personal
> addressbook as well as a shared one.  The latest version of turba has a
> sample personal ldap addressbook in the sources.php.dist.  I set it up
> yesterday with only minor changes and it works fine for me.

Thanks for responding.

I've tried localsql because i know mysql.
My ldap server is on an independant server : ldap.domain.com
And my users authenticate themselves on others mail servers :
dept1.domain.com, dept2.domain.com.
So the users don't have accounts on the ldap server.
And I've never implement an ldap server ;-)

So, for one user, i've got three servers :
- the one with horde/imp/turba
- the one with the ldap server (no authentication because no account for
the users)
- the one with the imap server

Is it possible to have a private address book with this configuration ?

--
Ariel