[turba] personal and private address book

Murray Trainer mtrainer at central-data.net
Thu May 18 01:46:53 PDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 10:29 +0200, Ariel VIVES wrote:
> Murray Trainer wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 09:26 +0200, Ariel VIVES wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> first, here is my configuration :
> >>
> >> horde3
> >> imp4
> >> turba2
> >>
> >> everything is installed on one server.
> >> My users authentications are one differents imap servers.
> >> I've configured an ldap address book for everyone, it's ok.
> >> I want now to add a personal address book for each user.
> >> My problem is that when i put localsql on the turba's config file,
> >> the address book of one user is readable by everyone...
> >>
> >> How can I protect each address book ?
> >>
> >> thanks...
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ariel
> >
> > Not sure why you are using localsql - you can have a ldap personal
> > addressbook as well as a shared one.  The latest version of turba has a
> > sample personal ldap addressbook in the sources.php.dist.  I set it up
> > yesterday with only minor changes and it works fine for me.
>
> Thanks for responding.
>
> I've tried localsql because i know mysql.
> My ldap server is on an independant server : ldap.domain.com
> And my users authenticate themselves on others mail servers :
> dept1.domain.com, dept2.domain.com.
> So the users don't have accounts on the ldap server.
> And I've never implement an ldap server ;-)
>
> So, for one user, i've got three servers :
> - the one with horde/imp/turba
> - the one with the ldap server (no authentication because no account for
> the users)
> - the one with the imap server
>
> Is it possible to have a private address book with this configuration ?
>

> --
> Ariel

According to the sources.php.dist in the latest turba version it looks
possible - see below ...

/**
 * A local address book in an SQL database. This implements a private
 * per-user address book. Sharing of this source with other users may be
 * accomplished by enabling Horde_Share for this source by setting
 * 'use_shares' => true.
 *
 * Be sure to create a turba_objects table in your Horde database from
the
 * schema in turba/scripts/db/turba.sql if you use this source.
 */
.
.
.