[turba] SyncML & Turba

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Oct 4 14:17:48 PDT 2006

Zitat von Sven Flossmann <sven at flossmann-online.de>:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently trying to synchronize the addressbook by using SyncML. I'm
> using turba with a LDAP addressbook.
>
> Almost everything seems to work, except the following:
>
> a) some turba field names seems not been mapped correctly to the SyncML
> field names (e.g. company)
>
> b) if an entry on the mobile device has been changed, the corresponding
> entry on the server is not found
>

> Regarding a)
> Is there any mapping between horde and SyncML field names? If not, what
> are the correct "real standard field names" so that thy work with SyncML?

There is nothing like a SyncML contact format. SyncML is only a
transportation protocol. The vCard standard is usually used as an
intermediate format to exchange contact data between the different
synchronization endpoints and their native formats.

> Regarding b)
> The editing is correctly recognized by syncml / turba but when it is
> tried to find the corresponding entry, the wrong uid is used:
>
> SRCH base="ou=addressbook,ou=personal_addressbook,dc=flossmann,dc=net"
> scope=2 deref=0 filter="(&(objectClass=person)(&(uid=*sven*)))"
>
> The uid should be some more complex entry, like
> "20060101151828.61hohs9xlf28 at www2.flossmann.net". The mapping between
> SyncML and the UID is correct, but it seems, that this is not used.

It's up to you and your Turba configuration what is being used for the
UID attribute. Most important is, that it doesn't change, otherwise
it's not an UID.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/