[turba] Moving a turba installation

Eric spamsink at scoot.netis.com
Wed Nov 8 17:36:23 PST 2006

I need to install turba and horde on a publicly-visible server, over on the
other side of town, that runs Fedora Core 2.

Prior to doing that, as a training and learning exercise, I installed horde
and turba and configured mysql on a VMware virtual machine here in the
office, also running Fedora Core 2 (installed of the same CDs as the one
across town).

My question is, can I just make tarballs out of the /var/lib/mysql and
/var/www/html/horde directory trees on my test machine and drop them into
the same places on the across-town machine and have it "just work"?

I realize that would be way, WAY too easy and I might also run into
problems with different hostnames.

Might that be an issue and is there an easy way around it (a few text files
to edit, stuff like that)?

Thanks...