[turba] Moving a turba installation

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Wed Nov 8 19:48:49 PST 2006

Quoting Eric <spamsink at scoot.netis.com>:

> My question is, can I just make tarballs out of the /var/lib/mysql
> and /var/www/html/horde directory trees on my test machine and drop
> them into the same places on the across-town machine and have it
> "just work"?

This *should* work.  I've done this numerous times.  Sometimes I run
into problems just copying the mysql files and have since started just
doing dumps of the databases using mysqldump.

You'll also want to go over your config files to make sure that there
are no changes in things like server names and the like.

You'll also want to make sure that if you are using a file based VFS
to copy over the VFS directory as well...and of course, I guess it
goes without saying (but it looks like I'm saying it anyway), that you
need to ensure that all the pear packages are installed and up to date
as well...

I remember there was a discussion on the one of the lists (dev?) a
while ago about this very topic that might have some more pointers for
you.  Sorry, I don't have a link handy at the moment.

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)