[turba] Turba hangs w/>500 records, gives "Allowed memory size exhausted" error

Eric spamsink at scoot.netis.com
Sat Dec 16 14:39:11 PST 2006

At 03:16 PM 12/16/2006, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

 >> http://us3.php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php (look under Resource Limits)

Good evening, Chuck.

Thanks, that did the trick.  I bumped it up to 16M and that seems to
have done it.  I'll have to remember to do that again when we get
near 1000 entries in the database.  :-)

Does it make sense that the 8 MB limit should only support fewer than
500 contacts database entries?  I assume that turba can handle
databases with thousands of entries, and if the memory requirement
has any sort of a linear relationship with the number of entries,
that means that 100 MB of RAM will only support a bit over 6000
database entries.

Seems like a lot of memory for not many contacts database
entries.  On the other hand, I don't know much about DBMS.  Maybe
that kind of memory usage is normal...

The machine I'm running this on only has 256 MB of RAM and 1 GB of swap.

Eric