[turba] Question About Attribute Types

Muskingum Web Manager webmgr at muskingum.edu
Wed Jan 3 16:32:29 PST 2007

In a CVS install of Turba, I have setup an LDAP connection for a global
address book. I only have one field that is not working as expected (which
is a testament to how well Turba works when you follow instructions)!

In my sources.php map, I have 'picurl' => 'muskingumPicUrl' included.

In my attributes.php, I have included:
$attributes['picurl'] = array(
    'label' => _("Photo URL"),
    'type' => 'link',
    'required' => false
);

The value in muskingumPicUrl is:
http://serveraddress/photos/imagename.JPG in which the server address is a
separate server from Horde.

If I set the attribute type to 'text' the field displays properly, so I know
the map is correct. If I set the attribute to 'link' (because I would like
to link to that address), it displays blank.

I believe my assumption about what the link type does is incorrect OR that
it is angry about the presence of http:// in the value. If my assumption is
incorrect, is there a reference available for what the attribute types do?
Moreover, how would I go about modifying or adding my own attribute type? If
it is angry about the presence of the http://, is this a bug or is it by
design?

Regards,
Aaron M. Hall