[turba] Maximum size of text in a "text" box

Eric spamsink at scoot.netis.com
Fri Jan 5 10:22:44 PST 2007

At 12:40 PM 1/5/2007, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

 >> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/

Good afternoon, Chuck.

Thanks for the link.  I had earlier downloaded the PDF of the manual
and had read the "BLOB and TEXT Types" section prior to posting my
query (sorry, should have said that) but that didn't tell me the
limit size.  The link to "Data Type Storage Requirements" only says
that storage required is "L+2".

I'll continue to read through the doc, guess it must be there somewhere.  :-)

Incidentally, also forgot to mention I'm using MySQL 3.23 (old Fedora Core 2).

Eric