[turba] creating entries

Kevin Conley kevinconley at northwestern.edu
Thu Feb 22 18:54:15 PST 2007

Thanks - that is very helpful. I think i am starting to understand.

There is only one thing i don't really get.

In the attributes.php where you define what fields appear in the form there are
types and then you can pass params.

Is there some docs on these types and what the params do.

For example - in a type 'text' i see a lot of:

     'params' => array('', 40, 255)

Now i think that first array value is the initial value right?
The second is deplayed value for the input box and the 255 is max input box
length in the form?

Is that is true what about the 'text' types that don't have a params - what
value do they use on the form?

I guess i am wondering is there is more doc on these types and how you can
configure them - there is none in attributes.php.

But what code file would i look at to help that might help?

As always - thanks for HORDE and all time and help!

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Kevin Conley <kevinconley at northwestern.edu>:
>
>> So i wrote a script to get the values out but then looking at the
>> turba_objects table it seems obvious how to map the entry fields
>> except...
>>
>> How is the object_id and object_uid generated?
>>
>> Do they have to be generated in the context of the turba application
>> or can i calcluatel them myself so my perl import script can do raw
>> sql calls right into the turba_objects table?
>
> I added some info here that may be useful:
>
> http://wiki.horde.org/TurbaImportAddressBook
>
> -chuck
>
> --"we are plastered to the windshield of the bus that is time." - Chris
> --Turba mailing list - Join the hunt: http://horde.org/bounties/#turba

Kevin Conley
Technology Support Services
Northwestern University