[turba] How many are using virtual address books?

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Sun Jun 17 19:39:28 UTC 2007

> Hi folks-
>
> I need a quick sense of how widely used virtual address books are.
> I've been rewriting the code for them for Turba 2.2 (partially because
> of requirements of the new Share code), and in the process it seemed
> that it wasn't possible to create one as-is in HEAD. So I need to know
> if anyone was using them, and if so, if you need an upgrade script for
> them.
>
> I'll admit I'd prefer not to do it; they're saved searches and don't
> have any data of their own.

I had a client that was using them with FW_3 code.  They were
essentially using them as an automatically updated distribution list
type thingie. I do not do work for these people any longer, so I don't
know if they are still using this.

While I still feel they are a useful addition to Turba, I would not be
*too* upset to see them go.  Though I do hate to see code I wrote get

I have not looked at Turba recently...Chuck, mostly out of curiosity,
do you know what broke this in HEAD?

Thanks,
mike

--