[turba] how to create a tree like structure

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Fri Aug 10 15:15:15 UTC 2007

Quoting Ralph van Etten <ralph at et10.org>:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using turba with LDAP for my address book for a while now and I came
> across the following:
>
> How to store the addresses in a tree like structure. Like when I have
> some members of the same family all living on the same address. I would
> like to create a record for the entire family with the address and then
> have sub records containing the details for each member, like e-mail
> address and mobile phone number. The same thing for companies with their
> employees.
>
> Can it be done using turba ?

Nested entries like this are not possible with current Turba code.
You could create a contact list that contains all the members of the
family, or you could maybe create a virtual address book - basically a
saved search - that contains every one that matches a certain address,
but you would still need to add all the address information to each
contact.

Thanks,
mike

--