[turba] Can't browse Addressbooks

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Mon Sep 3 22:41:17 UTC 2007

Quoting Thomas Widhalm <widhalmt at edv-widhalm.com>:

>>> There's localsql and beneath that are 3 adressbooks: mine, the one from
>>> the other user, both named after our usernames and one with a rather
>>> cryptical name consiting of numbers and characters which make no sense
>>> to me. When I click it, I see it contains some strings I used to
>>> describe the shared adressbook.
>>

>> Hmmm. The only thing I can think of at the moment is to make sure that
>> the address book prefs are not corrupt.  Try resetting the turba address
>> book prefs.  Since when you move a share from non-share enabled to share
>> enabled, the unique identifier for user's "default" address book
>> changes, any existing prefs for those address books should be reset.
>>

> I deleted the shared addressbook but can't find any way to reset my
> personal addressbook. Could you give me some hint how to do this?

I wasn't implying that you should delete your address books, just
reset your preferences.  If you have a SQL pref back end, you could do
something like

DELETE FROM horde_prefs WHERE pref_scope = 'turba' AND pref_name =
'addressbooks';

If you want to limit the delete to cerain users you can add:

AND pref_uid IN ('user1', 'user2')

Thanks,
mike

--