[turba] Address Book observations

Bill Graham grahamcw at hurleybulldogs.com
Tue Sep 4 14:19:06 UTC 2007

I tried to do an upgrade to head from my 1 year old CVS version of 3.2
et. al. this weekend. Everything went pretty well except Turba.

Here is what I observed

1. Migrating shared address books worked except the owner could not
get to them. Read only users could see them but the owner couldn't not
update them because they were not visable.I could see them on the
add/delete/permission screen of My Address Books.

2.Administrator could not see shared address books - even on fresh -
empty ( non-converted) install.

3. In prefs - for the address search function - the personal address
book has the actual name of the user for the personal address book -
this will bake it impossible to use prefs to set up a default search
chain. It used to be something more generic like "localsql".

I read in the archive that Turba shares were being worked on a few
months ago - is that still the case.

Thanks
Bill

--
Bill Graham
Systems Administrator
grahamcw at hurleybulldogs.com

This electronic  mail sent from Hurley Public Schools - Hurley, South Dakota
http://www.hurleybulldogs.com

NOTICE: This E-mail (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is confidential and may
be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. Please reply to the sender that you
have received the message in error, then delete it. Thank you.