[turba] addressbooks defined in sources.php ignored,

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Tue Oct 23 16:53:04 UTC 2007

Quoting Marcus Frischherz <marcus at casaberg.at>:

> Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mike at theupstairsroom.com>:
>
>> Quoting Marcus Frischherz <marcus at casaberg.at>:
>> [problems with ldap]
>

>> At the risk of pointing out the obvious, check to make sure that you
>> are indeed making changes to turba/config/sources.php and not the
>> sources.php.dist file...for the symptoms you describe, it appears
>> Turba is accessing a sources.php file other than the one you are
>> expecting.
>>

> well, I was thinking along the same lines, to the point, that I did a
> find . -name sources.php on the horde top directory, and found only
> one, plus one in a config subfolder, where I keep the old version,
> from the the previous horde/imp/turba version.
>
> I am sure, that I edit turba/config/sources.php, but  am not sure it
> is beeing read. Either it is not, or there is some process where
> $cfgSources is cleaned up,

Well, the cfgSources array is manipulated a bit after checking things
like permissions and shares, but you stated that putting syntax errors
in the file did not cause any errors, so my guess is the wrong file is
being loaded.

and certain entries turba doesn't like are
> removed. Actually, I am a bit confused, about the whole turba code.
> For my (very small) own PHP developments I usually do a lot of
> checkpoints in the form of writing to a debug file, which I can turn
> on or of with a global variable. How can I put some debug lines the
> easiest way into turba code?

Well, simple print_r or var_dump statements go a long way....but to
your point, try putting something like:

echo 'blah';
die();

at the beginning of the sources.php file then load Turba. If your
sources.php file is being loaded then you will see nothing but 'blah'
on the screen.

> Is it possible, that the ZEND Optimizer is playing tricks on me?
> Should I deactivate it, until it is clear, what the problem is?

Not familiar with Optimizer so I can't comment here, but you can always try.

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)