[turba] Disappearing contacts from all the personal address books

Andras Galos galosa at netinform.hu
Thu Nov 29 17:21:11 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have a well working Horde 3.1.4 installation, but once, yesterday,
without any known intervention, all the contacts are disappeared from
all the address books. No upgrade, change or anything were done I can
imagine could cause this, but the users start calling saying all the
same, their address books are empty.

The contacts anyway are still in the sql database, nothing is missing,
but do not show up in the address books.

Trying to track down what happens, I can state the followings:

- If I click on the My Address Books icon, in the Edit Address Books
field, the Address Book list is empty, only contains "Select an address
book to edit".

- If I create a new contact, it appears in the database but not in the
address book. That remains empty.

- If I create another address book, then a new contact in that, the new
contact appears in the address book well.

- If I have two address books, the drop down list works well on the
upper right corner, it shows both of them. My Address Book is empty, the
other is not, that contains the new contact I created before.

- If I have two address books, the drop down lists on the My Address
Books page show only the second one, the original My Address Book is
missing from the delete and edit lists.

- My Address Book appears in the left side Horde menu well, the new
address book under it.

- I upgraded Horde from 3.1.4 to 3.1.5, no change.

- While all the contacts in the database has the owner_id field with the
plain login name, the new contact I made, which appears well in the new
address book, has an MD5-ed looking owner_id field like
dfb75583bc5d45837f8ece870a00f72a. My login name is galosa, but
MD5('galosa') is not dfb75583bc5d45837f8ece870a00f72a.

Could somebody help me to find what happened and how the users can get
their contacts back?

I run out of ideas, I hope some of you can help.

Thank you in advance,
Best regards,
Andras Galos